Monday, November 9, 2015

Famous Last Words Week 11

Almost there
Image from Flickr


I finished most of my assignments early this week.  I was able to finish the blog comments and project feedback almost as soon as they were released.  The only items I finished at the last minute were a new Storybook post and the extra credit assignments.  Since I finished my last exam for the semester (other than one final) last Friday, I have had a lot more time to get homework done.    This has been particularly beneficial this week since I started applying for jobs.  Before this week, I have put off applying for a full-time position, but I was able to spend a good portion of time on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday working on my job search.  I finished updating my resume, and I applied at two different companies.  I am excited to graduate and move on to another challenge, but I need to figure out what that will be as soon as possible.

I also realized this week that I am very close to finishing the semester in Epics of India.  After this week, I will only have sixty points left until I reach the threshold for an A.  I can either get all the extra credit next week and get most of the way there, or I can just finish the next two weeks without any extra credit.  Either way I will finish the class shortly.  With the extra time, I'll be able to focus on finishing my other classes and applying for jobs.  Since I am an engineer, I usually have final exams in all my classes.  However, this semester I only have one final.  I should be able to entirely finish two of my classes before Thanksgiving and finish the semester relatively stress-free.  Now that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I will work a lot harder to finish as soon as possible.


1 comment:

  1. Carey,
    I am in the same boat as you. I am almost done with the class and I cant believe it. It just seemed like yesterday I was thinking that I wasnt going to finish this class because of other obligations. Now I am about 40 points away from being done and I cant wait. You are almost to the finish line. Just keep swimming!

    ReplyDelete