Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Week 11: Reading Feedback

This week I read Kincaid's Tales from the Epics.  I chose this reading because it include a wide selection of stories that were different than the what we have read so far.  I also picked this book because it was available for free online.  I really enjoyed the readings; they did not get boring.  One thing that tripped me up was most of the stories were sequential, but the Frog King's Daughter was not directly after Ruru and Pramadvara.  Instead, I ended up reading part of Nala and Damayanti, which happened to be one of my favorite stories of the group.  I'd suggest making a note saying that the stories are not necessarily sequential.  It was also confusing because the picture for the reading guide was from a story that was not part of the reading.

Damayanti
Image from Kincaid


1 comment:

  1. Just to say thanks for the tips, Carey! I am still trying to figure out how to organize all this STUFF and the most complicated thing is the books with multiple units in them and the authors with multiple books. I will try to get Kincaid sorted out this weekend since he really is a good source (he wrote a LOT of these books back in the day). Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete